Led by Derek Gilburt, and his team of longstanding managers and supervisors, the O’Keefe Group’s Kent division comprises a workforce of experienced and multi-skilled operatives. The O’Keefe Group enjoys high workforce retention rates and this enables us to continually invest in training and continuous professional development for our teams.
The division is fully committed to the county and is not just an adjunct to our London operation. We have our own apprenticeship provider who helps us to build the futures of talented young people from the county through a growing scheme.
Working right across the county from Sevenoaks in the west to Margate in the east and Gravesend in the north to Folkestone in the south, we cover the whole of the county’s 1,368 miles. The Kent division has the capability to operate as principal contractor, facilitating the early enablement and set up of a site through handing over to follow-on trades. Our vast experience includes:
- Working in sensitive environments like prisons and schools
- Significant numbers of residential projects working with all of the major residential developers
- Industrial projects from factories to retail warehouses
- Working on large supermarket programmes right through to mixed use developments
- Successfully competing for S278 and S38 local authority agreements
- We are a Kent County Council highways approved contractor
- Leading the construction sector in limiting our environmental impacts through a zero-tolerance approach to spills, dust, noise and mud on roadways